Wednesday, January 27, 2010

YAY retirement upon me!

I am having more fun planning retirement. My last month at UMDNJ will be May 1, 2011. No more faculty meetings; no more rude and disrespectful students who don't want to work and who think nothing of cheating. I guess I have to ammend that last about students in that the ones in my track (child) are the cream of the crop and I have enjoyed them. But in general -- nursing sure isn't what it used to be.
Meanwhile there is a whole world out there to actually enjoy. We already have a month trip to Poland planned for May of 2011. My family will be having a reunion in Sandomierz and it looks as though the Goldfines and the Thornburgs will be coming along as well. Hope that in laws can baby sit.
We have joined a book and wine club, a wine and dine club, an empty nesters group, and a movie and dinner club and we've bought the family membership at the Phila museum of Art and have started going to lectures already. Then there is the symphony, the opera, the Broadway series, ANG, EGA, and Polish reading and writing classes. Holy moly we may be busier in full retirement mode. Life is gonna be good and hopefully we can keep the neurons firing well and keep growing in our "golden" years. It's never too late to grow and learn and have fun.

No comments: