Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year

Well, it's 2009 and I have not posted for several months. We have a new president-elect and that bonehead Bush and his evil Iago are on their way to obscurity. We had all of the kids, grandkids and pets over for the holidays. Poor Alina had a cold and proceeded to give it to all of us.
So what does the new year hold? Travel, writing, and being with grandkids as much as we can and away from the university as much as I can.
Tuesday and Wednesday are faculty retreat days and I am already strategizing a way to keep myself sane on Tuesday. Wednesday will see me sick or something. The faculty development topic of the day -- ALL DAY -- is cultural sensitivity. If I have to attend another seminar on cultural sensitivity I will throw up. What is it with these administrators? Do they really have any imaginations? Do they really think that forcing faculty to sit in an all day seminar is going to make them more sensitive? More like more aggravated that they HAVE to sit and have their time wasted. So I'm gonna be sick.

No comments: