Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Twins


So, these are the twins. Are they not adorable? Such happy little peanuts!
I am having so much fun with all of the grandkids, much more than I did with the kids; although I had a ball with my kids. I reflect on why we have so much fun with grandbabies and have decided there are a few reasons besides the usual things that people say (i.e. you can give them back). I think there are primarily 2 reasons. One is that I never had the kind of relaxed time that I have the luxury of now. When the kids were little, I had no household help, no money, and Brian was away all the time. Occasionally, I would work a day or so. Now, I have TIME to enjoy every delicious second. And everything I observe is CUTE. Even when they throw up on me.
The second is that I have age -- and that has taught me what is truly important in life and that every second is precious. I think I always had my priorities straight, but they get straighter with age! I love this grandparent thing.

No comments: